Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Full and Empty House

For several years I have wanted to place my stories on the walls of an empty Baltimore row house. These stories would tell the larger story of some now removed family's life, the events they experienced while they lived there. Each room would tell of one event, so that bathrooms would tell the stories of bathrooms and hallways about the passaging of time. I always imagined that the row house would also be occupied by a few objects some family might have left behind, an abandoned dresser, some forgotten papers, a broken coffee pot, a hair brush, a small table.

After thinking about this project for a few years, I am now interested in finding a spot--an empty row house--where I could make it happen, a place in which I could put this temporary installation. Any help in this effort would be greatly appreciated, youngjoseph21@gmail.com.

Pictured here is an example of a story that might be placed in such a row house, which I installed in the spare room in my own house using the wintergreen oil transfer method.

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

No comments: